The pathway to weight loss is considered worthwhile only if you achieve your objectives. And if you don’t achieve your goals, it is a mere disappointment and waste of time. In any case, it is a difficult journey that requires commitment, time, patience and perseverance, and this is especially true if you reached the age of 50 and above.
You may choose the most ambitious work out but you will not lose the extra pounds overnight. There are small differences in the first month. Usually women quit their efforts in the first month as they have impractical expectations. They usually want to see significant difference in matter of days.
If you want to start losing weight after 50, then you need a proper diet plan. Over your life you might have got some eating habits which aren’t the healthiest ones and that’s why you want to lose weight. you can do workouts all day, but if you eat all the food you where eating in the past, then the chances a high, that you won’t lose any weight at all.
This is the only way you can lose weight after 50; having a healthy diet and workout plan. You usually need at least 2 to 3 months to see visible differences in your weight. So, you must be persistent. There are a few extremely important things that you should do.
Usually, women don’t pay that much attention to these and simply set themselves up for failure. But failure is only associated with quitting. The following tips can help keep your spirits up and motivated when going through a tough situation.
1. Write down your reasons why you want to lose that weight. Make sure to include an emotional reason. Don’t put down a boring or vague reason like I just want to be healthy. Fitness and health are the usual reasons for weight loss for most people after 50.
Another common reason is to become more attractive and beautiful again. They want to rock the bikini or want to be desirable for their partners. They may want to make their friends jealous by their stunning body. There is always an emotional reason so write that down.
2. Maintain a food diary, including everything you eat and drink in a day. Be honest. Also mention how you feel after eating them – happy, depressed or guilty. Write down everything and don’t cheat with that. If you don’t write down every little piece you eat, then you’re cheating your self and you won’t be able to easily find out what works best for you to lose weight over 50.
Every small detail can be important towards positive changes. For instance, if you see a pattern of eating too many cookies, reduce the portion by half. Over time, you can cut it out entirely and make it an occasional indulgence. A good tip here is to get a good recipe book, such as the Paleo recipe book which will give a lot of different ideas for cooking healthy. Check out the Paleo recipe book review and discover how it can help you achieving a healthy eating habit easily.
3. Jot down the details about your training regime – types, sets and duration as well as the associated feeling. You will see, with time, you can do more intensive workout and still feel good and fitter. The easiest way to keep working out is by following a program which will give you a complete plan like the F4X training system which is a complete workout and anti-aging program for beginners as well as advanced users and it has been designed especially for those people who are over 40.
4. Take a photograph in a bikini or something exposing. With doing the exercises and workouts, you burn fat plus you’re going to gain lean muscle mass over time. Hence, it’s even possible, that the number on the scale remains the same but you can see the difference in the photo. Compare it with a photo taken after a month of following the diet and workout plan and you will see visible changes.
You should take another photo after two months of the diet and exercises you’re doing and the difference will be amazing and motivating.
5. Measure and record the circumference of your waist, arms, thighs, buttocks, etc. Fat takes more space than muscle so even if the weight remains the same, there will be reduction in your measurement with burning off body fat.
It is an amazing indicator of weight loss so doesn’t merely depend on the scale. It does not show a complete picture.
You should ensure to incorporate these five things when trying to lose weight after 50. You cannot achieve your goals without a clear path. Your food journal, measurements and photos can help you realize how long you have come from your initial appearance. These tips can successfully help you achieve your weight loss goals.